ED Help

Do you need to
speak to someone
Find help now

Get help

Outpatient services


You have selected

  • Outpatient

UWA Eating Disorders Service

Private Outpatient Treatment Service

children, adolescents, adults

The University of Western Australia Eating Disorders Service (UWA EDS) is a private, outpatient treatment service for children, adolescents and adults with eating and weight disorders. We provide treatment for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, other mixed symptom eating disorders, and obesity. To attend the service, you will need a referral from your General Practitioner (GP) or Psychiatrist. In order to claim Medicare rebates for clinical psychology sessions, you will need a Mental Health Care Plan from your GP. The UWA Eating Disorders Service Directors are Associate Professor Susan Byrne (MPsych [Clinical], PhD, DPhil), Clinical Psychologist, and Dr Karina Allen (MPsych [Clinical], PhD), Clinical Psychologist. Additional clinicians include Dr Bianca Kingdon (DPsych [Clinical]), Clinical Psychologist; Kerry Mairs (MPsych [Clinical]), Clinical Psychologist Registrar; and Dr Elaine Tay (DPsych [Clinical]), Clinical Psychologist.

(+61 8) 6488 8079

(+61 8) 6488 7428



Back to search
EDs up - Latest Research and Information