ED Help

Do you need to
speak to someone
Find help now


Support organisations

young women green background

Find Support in your Local Area.

Seeking professional support will reduce the amount of stress you carry and improve your capacity to care for someone with an eating disorder.Support can come from:

  • Your family doctor or GP
  • Another medical or mental health specialist
  • A community-based organisation or centre
  • A state or national organisation

Community-based organisations and respite centres are equipped with trained professionals who often possess a substantial amount of knowledge about eating disorders and about how to care for someone with an eating disorder.

All of these organisations and professionals can:

  • Assist you with skills-based support about how to recognise eating disorder signs, and confront and manage someone with eating disorder
  • Provide support and advice about your own physical and psychological wellbeing, as well as the wellbeing of the person you are caring for
  • Help you find employment; this can be beneficial for carers who need to change their working conditions in order to care for someone with an eating disorder
  • Provide information booklets and brochures to help you stay informed
  • Direct you to peer support groups and networks or other professionals, for further help and assistance



Get Help.

The National Helpline provides free, confidential support for anyone.

phone now national support line  Phone 1800 33 4673.

NEDC Logo White background

Find resources for:

information for carers   information for health professionals

information for schools    information for sport and fitness professionals


eating disorders 101

Get Info.

NEDC have developed a new resource to help young people through eating disorders.

Visit eatingdisordersinfo.org.au.


becoming an NEDC member

Get Involved.

Join a community of people with expertise or an interest in eating disorders

Become an NEDC member.