Understanding how Vyvanse works to treat Binge-Eating Disorder
About this study
Do you binge-eat at least 3 days a week? Are you distressed about your binge eating? You may be eligible to participate in a clinical trial looking at how the medication VYVANSE works to reduce binge-eating symptoms.
* You are 18 - 40 years old
* You have Moderate to Severe Binge-Eating Disorder
* Your Body Mass Index is 20 - 45kg/m2 - use BMI calculator at
* Attend Westmead Institute for Medical Research & Westmead Hospital twice (before medication and after 8 weeks of medication) to complete interviews, questionnaires, cognitive tests, and brain scans.
* Have a blood pressure check at week 2, at Westmead or by your GP.
* Have a doctors appointment at Westmead Hospital at week 4, to check your medication dose.
During the trial, you would not be able to use any other treatments for your binge-eating symptoms.
The nature of body dysmorphic disorder in adolescents
This study seeks to examine factors associated with the development and maintenance of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) in adolescents (ages 12 to 17 years).Read more
The role of emotion regulation and interpersonal problems in the relationship between insecure attachment and disordered eating
The way in which people manage their own emotions and interact with others can impact the way they experience their relationships as well as their eating behaviours.Read more
Mortality in eating disorders - results of a large prospective clinical longitudinal study.
OBJECTIVE To report on long-term mortality in anorexia nervosa (AN), bulimia nervosa (BN), binge eating disorder (BED), and eating disorder not otherwise specified (ED-NOS), causes of death, and predictors of early death.Read more
Binge Eating eTherapy: An Online CBT Program for Bulimia Nervosa
Binge Eating eTherapy (BEeT) is an online therapy program to help treat people with Bulimia Nervosa.Read more