The Geelong Clinic offers a specialised inpatient Eating Disorders Program (EDP) and runs two 40-day inpatient programs:
- Learn to Eat at Peace (LEAP) is an 8-bed, 40 day inpatient unit.
LEAP aims to support patients begin the process of recovery from an eating disorder and learn new skills to replace eating disorder behaviours. Often, but not always, patients admitted to LEAP will need support in weight restoration. In LEAP, all meals and snacks are prepared by the hospital and patients are supported during their meals. Patients are expected to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks per day. Both group and individual therapy is provided to the patients in LEAP.
- Proactive Recovery Enhancement Program (PREP) is a 5-bed, 40 day inpatient unit.
PREP aims to support those who have already begun their journey of recovery and to help consolidate skills in replacing eating disorder behaviours with a greater sense of autonomy and self-directedness. PREP will also focus on supporting patients learn new life skills to help move toward living a more fulfilled life. In PREP, some meals and snacks will be prepared by the hospital and others will be prepared by the patient as part of their therapy. Patients are expected to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks per day. Both group and individual therapy will be provided to the patients in PREP.
Programs have been developed by health professionals in collaboration with consumers and are based on a philosophy centred on:
- Trust (i.e., establishing a trusting partnership with your treating team)
- Dignity (i.e., providing a humanistic approach that retains dignity and respect)
- Individualised treatment (i.e., recognising that recovery from an eating disorder takes time and the path is different for everyone)
98 Townsend Road St, Albans Park, VIC 3219 Victoria
03 5248 4852
Private Mental Health Service
Adult, Young Adult