Virtual ICED 2020
Virtual ICED 2020
ANZAED and AED
About this event
Registration for Virtual ICED 2020 is now open!
Despite having to cancel our in-person gathering that was to take place in Sydney, Australia this June, AED and ANZAED encourage you to sign up for this year's conference and enjoy some of the same elements as you would have in Sydney.
To be held from Thursday 11 June to Tuesday 30 June, here are some of the things you can look forward to:
- Keynote Address delivered by Janet Treasure, PhD, FAED titled, "Courting Debates and Narrowing the Divides in the Eating Disorders Field", where she will speak on the contribution of the last 40 years to eating disorders and the use of evidence-based practice in eating disorders treatment.
- Plenary Sessions from Experts and Leaders on:
- Transdiagnostic neurobiological approaches to research and implications for treatment
- Influences on food choice and eating behavior
- The spectrum of male eating disorders
- The current state of the evidence base in eating disorders treatment
- Educational Sessions featuring practical professional application on a variety of topics.
- Workshops - some which will be presented live! - include: "Bridging the Research-Practice Gap with Underserved Populations”, "Social Justice Informed Practice: Demonstrating the Evidence, Discussing Ways to Move Forward” and “Maudsley Family Therapy for Anorexia
- Nervosa in the 21st Century: Integrating Neurobiological Research and Theoretical Developments in Systemic Family Therapy into Clinical Practice”.
- SIG Panels include: “Translating Research into Public Policy: Multi-disciplinary Case studies Focused on Body Image and Eating Disorder Prevention”.
- Papers and Posters will be grouped according to topic, just like in a face-to-face conference
- Networking opportunities with fellow attendees through the mobile app where you can start a group chat or personal chat. You can also use the mobile app to ask a speaker a question during or after their presentation just as you could if you were sitting in a meeting room!
- Unlimited access to all on-demand sessions and recordings where you can earn even more CE/CME credits and Professional Development hours. Unlike in-person conferences, through this year's online platform, attendees are not limited to the number of sessions in which they can attend, meaning that you can take part in as many sessions as you choose and, for those seeking CE/CME credits, you will take a short quiz afterward to earn credits.
- Additional opportunities to interact virtually with attendees and experts through the Mentor-Mentee session, SIG Meetings, Virtual Coffee Breaks, and much more!
ANZAED and AED invite you to tune in virtually to ICED 2020 and enjoy the same aspects of past conferences from an online platform. Virtual ICED 2020 is your ticket to get informed on best practice and latest developments in eating disorder prevention, research, and treatment. Register today!
The Australia & New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders (ANZAED)…Read more
The summer holidays can be a particularly difficult time for…Read more
Journaling in Eating Disorder Recovery with Lived Experience Author & Eating Disorder Advocate, Dr June Alexander
With eating disorder experience spanning six decades, Dr June Alexander…Read more
Eating Disorders Families Australia (EDFA) is hosting a national webinar…Read more
Dr Annmaree Bickerton, Child, Adolescent & Family Psychiatrist and Toni…Read more
Maria Ganci, Clinical Social Worker, Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist &…Read more
Understanding the Principles & Complexities of Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID) Management for Dietitians
Masterclass for Dietitians
This collaborative workshop will include information on:
Give us feedback!
We will continue throughout 2020 to update and improve the NEDC website and welcome any feedback you may have on the site.Provide feedback