CBT-E for Eating Disorders
CBT-E for Eating Disorders
The Centre for Eating, Weight and Body Image
About this event
This collaborative workshop will include information on:
- An overview of the issues relevant to treating people with EDs
- Theoretical background and research base of CBT-E
- A comprehensive introduction to CBT-E
- An understanding of how the transdiagnostic approach of CBT-E can be used with the full range of eating disorders seen in clinical practice
- Demonstrations of behavioural and cognitive interventions in CBT-E
- Opportunities to practice skills
The training will involve didactic, interactive and experiential practise opportunities. Prior knowledge and understanding of EDs and basic CBT principles is assumed.
- Describe the structure and stages of CBT-E
- Cite research outcomes of CBT-E
- Practice key interventions in CBT-E
- Introduction to Eating Disorders or equivalent experience working with people with eating disorders.
- Participants will be sent a copy of Enhanced cognitive-behavioural therapy approach to counselling clients with eating disorders (Fursland & Watson, 2013) or;
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Eating Disorders (Fairburn) or;
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Eating Disorders (Waller et al).
Additional event details
Successful completion of the Inside Out Institute’s Eating Disorders Essentials Training (https://insideoutinstitute.org.au/resource-library/the-essentials-training-clinicians-in-eating-disorders) or equivalent is a minimum required prerequisite.
A discount is available for students. Please email email@example.com with proof of a valid student ID to receive the discount code.
There will be another session later in the year. Email training@ cewbi.com.au to hold a spot.
Helping clients overcome Bulimia, Binge Eating & Sub-clinical Disordered Eating:…Read more
Brain Stimulation for Eating Disorders with UK Professor Ulrike Schmidt,…Read more
Forum: Collaborating for Comprehensive care for Child Feeding Disorders (CFD) & Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
Child & Youth Forum: Collaborating for Comprehensive care for Child…Read more
This workshop provides a basic understanding of what eating disorders…Read more
Eating Disorders Families Australia (EDFA) is hosting a national webinar…Read more
ANZAED Open Webinar: A User guide to the Psychiatrist and Medicare rebated care for People with Eating Disorders
Presenter: Phillipa Hay MD, FRANZCP, DPhil, Professor of Mental Health…Read more
Fiona Willer, Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian and Professor Leonie Calloway,…Read more
ANZAED in collaboration with QuEDS, are delivering a three-day workshop…Read more
Give us feedback!
We will continue throughout 2020 to update and improve the NEDC website and welcome any feedback you may have on the site.Provide feedback